Browse Our Recommended Pubs
Our pubs must serve good beer. We don't care how it is served -- cask, keg, bottled are all fine so long as the pub serves Good Beer from interesting breweries. But the pub also needs to have a little something extra, be it an outstanding selection, stunning architecture, an amazing ambience or excellent food. But first and most of all it must have good beer.
All the pubs on this guide are worthy of a visit. A few have been singled out for special attention -- those ones are worth a special effort to visit.
Most of listed pubs are on the west side of Los Angeles County -- that is where the author lives and where he drinks beer.
Since one should not drive when enjoying beer, there are links on each pub's pages to nearby bus lines. Or you can see an overview of bus options here. You can also see pubs along the beach bike path.
Regions in Los Angeles
- Arts District / Little Tokyo
- Boyle Heights/Pico Gardens/East LA
- Central LA/Koreatown
- Downtown LA
- Expo Park/USC and around
- Hollywood/West Hollywood
- Northeast LA
- Silver Lake/Echo Park/Los Feliz
- Union Station/Chinatown/Mission Junction and around
- Monrovia/Arcadia/Sierra Madre and around
- San Gabriel Valley
- Whittier/Pico Rivera and around
- Agora/Westlake Village and around
- Antelope Valley / High Desert
- Burbank/North Hollywood and around
- Glendale/Montrose and around
- Pasadena and around
- San Fernando Valley
- Santa Clarita and around
- Carson, Lakewood and around
- Downey/South Gate and around
- Hawthorne, Gardena and around
- Long Beach/San Pedro and around
- South Bay Beach Cities
- Century City/Westwood
- El Segundo
- Mar Vista/Culver City
- Mid City
- Playa del Rey/Westchester/LAX (Airport)
- Santa Monica
- Venice/Marina del Rey
- West Los Angeles/Palms and around
Key to Symbols
Here are some symbols you may see in some of our pub listings Click on the symbol to see a list of pubs.